Here's everything you need for The Sound of Music
VCT fully intends to mount our production of The Sound of Music this summer. However, for safety and peace-of-mind in these unprecedented times, we have decided to change from in-person auditions to recorded video submissions. Here’s how the process will work:
- The period for submitting audition videos will be April 29th though May 12th. In-person callbacks will be held Wednesday, May 13th.
- Sheet music for the audition cuts are posted below.
- Audio recordings of the piano accompaniment for the audition cuts, as well as samples of the cuts with a singer, are also posted below.
- For your audition, we ask that you record yourself singing the audition song(s) that applies to you (see guidelines below) on your phone or a digital camera, then upload the file to an online form (COMING SOON!). That form will also collect specific information about you and ask that you identify any conflicts with the rehearsal schedule (posted below).
- At the beginning of your video, please state your name, your age (if you are under 18), tell us something interesting about you that we may not know and what you’ll be singing. We prefer that you sing to the piano accompaniment, but a capella is fine if that is easier for you.
- Please make sure that the audio and video of your recording are both clear before you submit your audition.
- If you are unsure how or unable to record a video, please contact Anthony Burbach (Anthony.Burbach@SanfordHealth.org),or Matt Nesmith (Matthew.Nesmith@usd.edu) and we can help you out. We want to make sure that everyone that wants to audition does!
We want to assure all, that despite the ongoing pandemic, the production team is working hard and we will have a wonderful show! We will adjust the show later as needed for the pandemic – please don’t worry about this for now. If you are interested in this show – please audition, we can adjust later as needed.Sheet MusicPractice Tracks (for learning parts)
Piano Accompaniment (for practicing and your actual audition)
Conflict Calendar (click here to download)